Is it common for people with aspergers to get into fights alot?

I'm 16 years old and i have this illness called Asperger Syndrome which is a form of autism, I have aggression issues which is a symptom of aspergers i think, and i get into fights at school alot with the normal kids because i get pissed off easily but it's hard to control it, this one guy in my class kept annoying me so i kept punching him in the face until his nose started bleeding and i got suspended for 6 days, is aggression a symptom of autism aspergers because i can't control it

Carlos, AS isn't an "illness". It's a developmental disability, and there's a world of difference between having a DD and being "sick" with something like the flu or a cold. People with AS or mild Autism aren't "sick" and they aren't "broken". Thinking of yourself as being "sick" does nothing to help you improve your situation or your life. And aggression isn't normally a symptom of AS, although it can be in some cases. You sound as though you could benefit from some anger management therapy. Have you talked to your school's guidance counselor about this?

Aggression, anger, and poor behavior are not symptoms of Asperger's or Autism.  They are separate issues, and should be dealt with like any other bad behavior. If you need help to control your temper, get some therapy to help you deal with it before you end up in jail for assault.

• Nathan

That's having anger issues, which many people have anyways. Aggression can be a part of autism (or as you call it, aspergers) but that is normally only when the individual is either 1) overwhelmed by different sensory input 2) unable to understand why violence is bad, or overwhelmed by something they can't understand.

I suggest trying therapy, there are specific ones for anger management, as this sounds nothing like you being overwhelmed due to sensory issues and you clearly understand it's wrong. It seems like you just need some coping strategies and a way to get your anger out effectively and safely

not necessarily but maybe you should get some help for it before it gets you in trouble