reuben asked in HealthOptical · 9 months ago

Iv had a strained eye for about 1 year do I see a doctor I go on computers a lot for work so I can’t quit going on computers,?

My eyes feel discomfort

2 Answers

  • C
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    1) You should see an optician to check if you need glasses.  There's no point being uncomfortable if you don't need to be. 

    2) Find an app that discretely reminds you every 20 minutes to rest your eyes and do.  You don't need to get up, just move your head away from the screen and let your gaze fall on objects at different distances all around the room all around your friend of vision.

    3) If possible move your computer so that it faces into the room.  This makes it more natural to move your gaze beyond the screen from time to time.  If not possible install soft lighting behind the screen.  It makes a big difference.

  • Bill
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Yes you should see a doctor. They might prescribe glasses to wear when you use the computer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.