Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How safe are 3 lever mortice locks?

Update:

For an internal door?

Update 2:

boy boy, No no, because I'm not worried about anyone breaking the door down. I'm more concerned about people trying to enter without doing that.

Update 3:

elhigh, by easily, do you mean easily for someone who is skilled and knows what they're doing with picking locks? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

There very secure.  But in a interior door a waist of money.   Most interior doors are extremely cheap.  If someone wants to get in that room there getting in the lock might slow them down 1 min.  unless there a big guy like me an the foot is threw the door in not time.

If its a house that you have multiple people living there an you want to secure your stuff in your room.  get a pad lock an hasp (install the hasp so the screws are covered when hasp is closed an locked.   An thats as secure as mortice lock on a interior door.

• 1 month ago

why have it on an internal door ?  normally only fitted to external ..then 5 lever security is best ....should you be asking how secure is a door with a 3 lever lock ..

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They're not very effective. You can pick them quickly and easily with a couple of bent wires.

For greater security, switch up to a pin-based lock.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.