fm_aqua asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

What are comfort foods?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Comfort food is junk food. Usually people eat like that when they're sad, stressed, just got dumped, etc. the list goes on. It's better to avoid food like that as often as you can because gaining unhealthy weight makes most people depressed.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Foods YOU eat when you are stressed, bored, sad, or want something soothing and familiar. It varies from person to person. They're often not low calorie or what is typically considered 'healthy', but for some people their comfort food might be something that's very clean/healthy.

• 1 month ago

Comfort food is based on an individual's preferences. It's whatever they find soothing/comforting. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

comfort foods are foods that once you eat, its really hard to quit eating. your brain releases a hormone called dopamine which makes you feel happier. foods include fried chicken, cassaroles, pizza, pastas and sometimes even desserts.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Foods that make you feel like you are home.

• 1 month ago

Being low and stressed comes from having a low metabolism, so comfort foods are those that stimulate metabolism. Thus they contain a lot of starch, fat, salt, and maybe sugars.

• 1 month ago

Foods that make you feel good but usually aren't very good for you health-wise.

• 1 month ago

Foods that you grew up with, make you feel "at home," make you feel, well, comfortable. My comfort foods are grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, stew, fresh bread, and dry fish and poi. These are the foods that I was given as a child that I still love, and associate with home, love, my grandma and my mother. You still eat these in adulthood, the tastes never seems to change, and you feel good eating them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Chips, ice cream, chocolate, pizza, all the stuff that's fun to eat but that's bad for you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.