fm_aqua asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

What are comfort foods?

Comfort food is junk food. Usually people eat like that when they're sad, stressed, just got dumped, etc. the list goes on. It's better to avoid food like that as often as you can because gaining unhealthy weight makes most people depressed.

• .

Foods YOU eat when you are stressed, bored, sad, or want something soothing and familiar. It varies from person to person. They're often not low calorie or what is typically considered 'healthy', but for some people their comfort food might be something that's very clean/healthy.

Comfort food is based on an individual's preferences. It's whatever they find soothing/comforting. 

comfort foods are foods that once you eat, its really hard to quit eating. your brain releases a hormone called dopamine which makes you feel happier. foods include fried chicken, cassaroles, pizza, pastas and sometimes even desserts.

• Murzy

Foods that make you feel like you are home.

Being low and stressed comes from having a low metabolism, so comfort foods are those that stimulate metabolism. Thus they contain a lot of starch, fat, salt, and maybe sugars.

Foods that make you feel good but usually aren't very good for you health-wise.

Foods that you grew up with, make you feel "at home," make you feel, well, comfortable. My comfort foods are grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, stew, fresh bread, and dry fish and poi. These are the foods that I was given as a child that I still love, and associate with home, love, my grandma and my mother. You still eat these in adulthood, the tastes never seems to change, and you feel good eating them.

Chips, ice cream, chocolate, pizza, all the stuff that's fun to eat but that's bad for you.