Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Is there a name for a condition where someone does hates to be touched?

Is there a medical or psychological condition that would explain someone not liking to be touched, not even slightly, like accidentally brushing against them? They go into a flying rage.

Favorite Answer

Sensory disorder

I'm not sure what it's called but I know it is very, very common. Every girl I ever dated has that identical ailment.

Skittish and paranoid. Can't say that I blame them though.

According to the researchers, the data showed that close to 26 percent of the couples included at least one person who met the criterion for a diagnosis of social anxiety disorder.

There are some people who just don't like to be touched, but more than likely it is from some sort of trauma. It need not be sexually related, physical abuse alone can cause this. Also, from personal experience, abandonment or long-term isolation can cause this.

• Murzy

Some people may be mild germophobes.

Obsessive compulsive disorder

• Lv 7

OCD is about rituals that are obsessively followed, how is this related to touch?

You need to calm down, seriously.