How do med schools calculate science GPA's?

So in college I majored in business and have been working in industry. I have thought a lot about doing a Postbac program and applying to medical school, but I had a question of how my science GPA would be calculated. I got a D in gen chem 1 (a premed course) over 5 years ago when I was in college. Do you think this will hurt me now even if I get a very high GPA in Postbac and high MCAT score? 

If you are having difficulties discerning your GPA, I daresay you will find med school a little too complicated. Sorry.

Getting that D in chem long ago, especially if you did not earn straight-A grades in high school biology, chemistry, physics and math (through calculus or at least pre-calc) indicates you might not have the very high levels of talent & abilities in sciences & math to consider future education in a health-related occupation. What's your background in sciences throughout high school & college, not just that one class? Do you really have the love of, passion for, talent in sciences that you absolutely need to have any chance of being successful?

IF you carefully reassess your talents, abilities, etc, and are convinced you can earn straight-A grades through all your med school prerequisites, and score above the 95th percentile on MCAT exams, you have a reasonable chance at med school, dental school (DAT), etc. ALL of these graduate professional schools - e.g. med, veterinary med, dental, physical therapy, pharmacy - have become extremely competitive as so many people are turning to health-related occupations these days.