Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Christians, is premarital sex sinful?

If your son/daughter practices premarital sex,  what would you do ? Would you seriously advice them not to do or just let them do whatever they want?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

When the prodigal son wanted to live such a life, he went on his way, away from his father (Lk 15:11-32).  He knew his father would not tolerate the lifestyle he had in mind.  You should study that story and see if it helps you decide what to do.

Please note though that the Bible does offer a remedy for anyone who just cannot control themselves sexually:

1Cor 7:8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, fornication is sinful. I would counsel my children on moral issues, but if they are adult, they are responsible for their own behaviors.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is. All sexual conduct outside of hetero marriage is serious sin.

I would counsel him and teach him to respect women, not to use them as means to his ends.

• 1 month ago

The Bible clearly condemns premarital sex, calling it "immorality." We are told at Hebrews 13:4: "Let marriage be honorable among all, and let the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge sexually immoral people and adulterers." I don't think it could be made more clear than that. Can you imagine living in a world where there were no unwed mothers, no good for nothing dads, no unwanted pregnancies, no dumpster babies or babies given to aunts, grandmas, or C.P.S agencies? Can you imagine no child living in foster care? There is only one way that all of these incidences will come to their end. When Jesus Christ as King of God's Kingdom puts and end to all human governments and all wicked ungodly people who want to do things their way, life will be by far the best we have lived. I invite you to learn more about what the Bible teaches from the international website, www.jw.org and Bible Teachings > Online Lessons. Thank you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Duck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Premarital sex is considered sinful, yes. However, I'd also arm them with the knowledge of birth control and safe sex so that if they do engage in such activity, at least they're protected.

An 18 year old virgin is like a unicorn. You're not likely to find one.

• 1 month ago

Any kind of sex outside of wedlock is sinful, according to God's law. It's called fornication if done by a person not married (pre-marital sex), and adultery if done by a married person. In the Bible, sex is to be enjoyed in a faithful, life-long marriage between a man and a woman. Just because today's generation (in the West) has been indoctrinated by school-teachers and the media to think sex if a fun game they are entitled to indulge in whenever they want does not change God's law one bit.

"The cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practise magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur." Revelation 21:8

• BJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Bible clearly states that “God will judge fornicators.” Hebrews 13:4

The Greek word for fornication, broadly refers to the misuse of the sexual organs of those who are not married to each other.

Therefore, it would be wrong in God’s eyes for a couple to live together even if they intend to get married later.

Even if a couple are deeply in love, God still requires that they marry before enjoying sex.

• Liz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Why not take a look at the article on the website below (or any others under this heading)

Source(s): wol.jw.org/g04 7/22 Young People Ask...What's Wrong With Premarital Sex?
  • 1 month ago

That's the sin of fornication.  Parents who have backbones teach that to their children.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 1 month ago

According to the dusty old Bible, premarital sex is a sin. But in the real world it is perfectly okay and I highly advise it. You should never marry someone that you’ve never had sex with and later find out that you aren’t sexually compatible with them. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.