Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it bad or good to open up to new people easily?

Not with peoole you get a bad feeling from but people you think you think seem earnest enough.

I recently made some friends and all of us are very shy. But I felt comfortable trying to reach out emotionally, tell them the good bad and ugly as it came up. Not to be a drama queen or attention seeker, but just matter-of-fact. Was I too over-confident?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Its definitely good to open up to new people . You just need to take things very slow though . You don't want to hang out with them for hours if you hardly know them

• 1 month ago

To an extent you'd need to open up to even begin to get to know somebody. I wouldn't suddenly drop my entire life story on them, if that's what you mean... It would take family, or a life long friend for that, and not my entire life story even in the case of family and good friends. We all have our secrets. 

: )

:D..........

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I wouldn't open up to virtual strangers, but that's just me.

• 1 month ago

😄

Yes and no.

Yes it's bad because they can potentially use that information against you in the future. No, in the sense that opening up freely is how I got people to trust me and divulge all of the skeletons in their closet... giving me leverage.

So... 🥴 depends on your angle, honey.

I mean... 🥺 I didn't do it on purpose? It just came natural and ended up benefitting me more so than them. 😎

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.