Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it bad or good to open up to new people easily?

Not with peoole you get a bad feeling from but people you think you think seem earnest enough.

I recently made some friends and all of us are very shy. But I felt comfortable trying to reach out emotionally, tell them the good bad and ugly as it came up. Not to be a drama queen or attention seeker, but just matter-of-fact. Was I too over-confident?

• Andrew
    Favorite Answer

Its definitely good to open up to new people . You just need to take things very slow though . You don't want to hang out with them for hours if you hardly know them

To an extent you'd need to open up to even begin to get to know somebody. I wouldn't suddenly drop my entire life story on them, if that's what you mean... It would take family, or a life long friend for that, and not my entire life story even in the case of family and good friends. We all have our secrets. 

: )

:D..........

I wouldn't open up to virtual strangers, but that's just me.

😄

Yes and no.

Yes it's bad because they can potentially use that information against you in the future. No, in the sense that opening up freely is how I got people to trust me and divulge all of the skeletons in their closet... giving me leverage.

So... 🥴 depends on your angle, honey.

I mean... 🥺 I didn't do it on purpose? It just came natural and ended up benefitting me more so than them. 😎