Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

do most people feel jealousy towards intelligent people? why?

like they sense, and recognize the other person is more intelligent than them, so they instantly dislike them? why?

Favorite Answer

A friend of mine observed this, and I'm inclined to agree with him. People are tolerant of different kinds of inequality - inequality of wealth, good looks, and athletic ability - but not inequality of intelligence. That seems strange because you can inherit some things, but you can only gain intelligence by working hard for it. It's a mystery. 

There's an exception to this, which is that if an anti-intellectual has a medical or legal problem, he wants the smartest doctor or lawyer in town.

I have No idea i get abused on every answer because I tell the Truth and cretins call me a Moron sorry can a Moron do EOD and IED No they cannot so they abuse me because i can

Because Intelligent people have a better chance of succeeding in life

No..............

No I don't.Many very intelligent people are filled with greed and

uncaring about others.

• BB

I admire extremely intelligent people and do my best to hire them when openings come up.

• BB

I consider references and rely on the opinion of current employees in the particular discipline being filled.  There are definitely some slick operators out there, but our probationary period provides a means of ferreting them out.

Be careful with this question if you are intelligent recognise that indirectly or directly you're implying that at least some of these people are not intelligent, and intelligence is not simply a logical capacity...if you base intelligence on personal IQ scores then you are not as intelligent as you appear to be attempting to imply.

As a civil engineer, I would feel very unintelligent around interior designers.

• depends on enviroment and topic of conversation...that actually has very little do with true intelligence..

• Zack

I feel jealous towards the VERY intelligent people. I'm not talking about everyone who aces all the tests in high school and gets accepted into hard colleges (ex: Harvard). I'm talking about the people who invented or designed some highly advanced piece of technology. Ex: the people who invented/designed microprocessors, programming languages, advanced aircraft/spacecraft (ex: SR-71, F-22, space shuttle), GPS, etc.

I feel jealous because I just wish I had the knowledge of them. I wish I had the ability to do something big in this world, discover/create something that no one else has and feel useful.

Jealousy to me is a trust issue. You mean envy.