Pre-amp with amp VS receiver?

I accidentally bought an Onkyo pre-amp PR-SC5509 (brand new) on a local post not knowing it is NOT a receiver i was after. Now that i have it (nice piece) i am forced to buy an amp so Im looking at Marantz 5 channel MM7055 to complete the set up. 

Question i have is: is it worth it or should i sell my pre-amp and buy the actual receiver (Onkyo TX-RZ820 for example). 

I have 2 Klipsch R-820F tower and  3 surround speakers 

I would sell it because it will be a big hassle to buy a separate amp. Keep it simple.

If the thing you got is causing too much pain,  

get rid of it and buy what you originally intended. 

• spacemissing

Well, then, buy the necessary power amplifiers. If money is a problem, buy two channels so you will have stereo to start with, and add the rest (preferably the same brand and model) as available  funds allow over the next year or two. 

Really, this AGAIN ?

• ANDRE L

Onkyo pre-amp PR-SC5509 paired with Sony receiver STR-DE997? You were told then that a pre-amp pairs with a POWER AMP' NOT a receiver. You are an idiot, and a moral pervert..