What the bloody hell is the point of life? Why care about anything?

You're born, you live, then you die. What's the point?

107 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Somewhere in between those things mentioned you get to pay taxes too.

• 1 month ago

Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

13 The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man 14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tawfiq
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Ecclesiastes 12:14

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.  So there will be a day not a secret of you will be hidden. Everything you have done weather good or evil will be bring out to the open.

• 1 month ago

In light of what’s been said already, to quote beat poet James Douglass Morrison, “I don’t know about you but I’m going to get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.”

Logical.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Existentialism says - Who cares, just enjoy it.

Nihilism says - Welp, no point, but it'll be over soon. 

Religion says - be "good" or Santa Claus will put you on the naughty list. For.Ev.Er

I think God says - I love you!  

I'm gonna go with that one, but totes up to you. 

The Dude abides

• ...Show all comments
    • Cajunboy
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Religion?  Him?  I thought GID promises an eternity if you believe and follow HIM.  you must have had a dull life if yr parents didn't play the Santa gig.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The catch is that you have to make up (or discover) your own point for your own life.  Could be having a productive career.  Could be getting married and forming an intimate relationship.  Could be just having as much fun as possible.  Lots of choices.

• Jet
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

There is no point. Think about it a- why does there have to be a point? As soon as you let go of the desire to find a point you will be free. The answer is to enjoy the time you have and make it as fulfilling as you can for both yourself and others. Happiness is not found in trying to ‘find a point’. 

• 1 month ago

The answer to your question has been asked and satisfied by people for thousands, almost millions of years. Throughout history, people's faith has been restored so that's why these days we're not so scared about death as our caveman ancestors were, as we have a history of civilization and learning from mistakes.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ok but you know humans first appeared around few hundred thousand years ago. The first hominid appeared 7 million years ago.

• Al
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The point is, we are brainwashed straight out of the womb about how we should perceive all things....the point of life is to come to this realization that you need to stop defining what life is about according to other peoples false perceptions and find that spark in your mind that is you by definition, not by what this world has created you to be, we are all a spark of God eternal infinity of light, there is nothing beyond what we are capable of, but we just happen to be living in a dynamic situation in which the part of our body that drives survival of this environment has made an idol and false perception of everything to make order out of chaos, its all coming from the ego, which is your invented mind, but not actually you, that is why the bible suggest we monitor our thoughts, God doesn't require anything of us, but the ego requires sacrifice, religion is built on that back of the ego and its struggle to keep darkness in your site where it is merely an illusion that seems real.

Source(s): A Course in Miracles
  • 1 month ago

life is a test, we do good deeds now so after we die we go to a good place. Those of who didn't follow the will of god and lived selfishly and sinfully will go to a bad place when they die. Good deeds are like currency for the hereafter. So there is a point in life, we are not all here by chance or for nothing. Everything has a purpose. 

• Git
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You are right. You’re born, you live, then you die. 

But the question is not what’s the point.

The question is, do you live well or leave now? If you leave now, nobody is going to care. If you live well, you can impact someone’s life for good or bad.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.