Thoughts on school uniforms?

I personally hate it I get in a lot of trouble because I wear my own clothes all the time but I just can't stand the school uniform it's uncomfortable and dull basically, I'm not the only student who wears their own clothes by the way maybe if I'm being honest like 20 more pupils do it my school has around 150-200 pupils so it's not really a big number that do this but I still feel that it shows not a lot of people like it, 

• drip

Few American school require uniforms.  Many private parochial schools uniforms are basically navy pants, blue shirt. Never seen a uniform that requires a tie. And now a days females can wear uniform pants instead of skirts.  Personally I would not put my kids into a school with uniforms. But I more choices of schools that don’t require a uniform 

But your school does require a uniform.  It is the rules. So you must wear it. You have a choice or facing the consequences or wearing the uniform.  I can’t imagine that if you keep it up ignoring the rule they won’t up the severity of the consequences. 

• Lôn

In the UK you'd get suspended/expelled for refusing to wear the school uniform. Why not find a school that has no dress code?

I know what you mean I, sadly, go to a private school (Choate Rosemary Hall) and I just hate wearing those god awful blazers and plaid skirts, don’t even mention the knee high socks. Wearing school uniform doesn’t make us smarter if anything it makes us uncomfortable and off task. Luckily for me after summer vacation I will no longer be attending private school. My father has finally let me attend a public school! 

• Cu Tie

My sister went to a private, all-girls high school in Pennsylvania, despite living in South Jersey. She had a dress code, which required her to wear either her spring summer uniform (during warm weather) or fall/winter uniform (during cold weather). She also had to wear a formal pair of shoes, although she was allowed to wear sneakers during the spring. However, during the summer after her junior year of high school/before her senior year of high school, she bought a nice pair of size 8 Adidas Falcon W cleats. Of course, during her senior year of high school, she changed from her school shoes to her sneakers once her school day was over. (Her bus came 3 hours after her school day was finished.) Also, during my sister's senior year of high school, she took 3 AP courses, worked during the weekends, got inducted to the National Honor Society, and scored a perfect 5 on the AP Calculus AB exam. In addition, she played her only year of football as a high school senior, as she made it on the junior varsity football team of the local public high school in South Jersey.