How to use keyboard or mouse to power up laptop?

My laptop's power button doesn't always work. Can I use my keyboard or mouse to turn on my laptop after it has been shut down? It works when my laptop is sleeping but not when it's shutdown.

Hi, It's not recommended to do this often, but You can set trhe ACPI features of the laptop in most BIOS settings, use the "after power failure" options & set them to power on.

Then go pick up one of these :

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Grounded-Outl...

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Fosmon-Electrical-...

Sometimes Your local hardware stores like Home Depot or Ace hardware might have them too, or even a dollar store like Dollar tree or Save-A-Lot.

G'Luck!!!

• D1218

You'll have to figure that out yourself. If anything change the way the keyboard works.

• keerok

Open up the mouse, unsolder one switch then use it to replace your laptop's power switch. It will not fit so you'll have to get creative! ;)

NO.............

doesn't work. suggest you replace the power button

• Rayal

No you have to use the power switch. Just keep it on and let it sleep, if it is a problem.

See power options of that "laptop" model and maker and operating system.  Or get help you paid for from whoever made it.

That is all that can be guessed from no information which "laptop" model, maker, and operating system.

Source(s): Some of my laptops and desktops have startup options other than the power button. Some do not.

No, you'll have to get that power button fixed.