Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Police law ?

If police call you to speak to you about a potential crime does that mean they are investigating you?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No they're investigating the guy down the street.

• 1 month ago

It means they are investigating the crime. It also means they think you may know something useful to the investigation. If you were seen in the area of the crime close to the time, you are a potential witness, not necessarily a suspect.

Update: I just read your comment to Joshua's answer. You are a BAD troll, and you never communicated with anyone even falsely claiming to be an officer.

• wayne1 month agoReport

I wouldn’t lie about it 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Kudos to you for condensing your story to one sentence.  How many times are you planning on asking this question?

• 1 month ago

The police don't call people generally. I think you have been scammed. Never Give out personal information over the phone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. They might be investigating someone else whom they think you might have seen commit a crime.

• wayne1 month agoReport

I spammed the same questions to an online police chat about people underage sexting and incest. To find out Laws. They then phoned me and said they were a bit worried I was partaking in these things he then said are you under 18 I said no I’m 23 he laughed and then said have a good day?

• 1 month ago

No, it means they're investigating a potential crime, and you have information about it.

• ...Show all comments
    • wayne1 month agoReport

Have a good day mate and the Call ended. I’m now worried I’m being investigated for just spamming questions about the same crime. ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.