Why does the homeless grow even though the economy is good?

Please, no political name calling. Just facts!

Mental illness and/or addiction account for a large portion.

• Mother Hubbard
      3 weeks agoReport

Really?  Not the cost of the housing?

• ?

There must be a reason why these type people seem to gather mostly in democrat controlled cities.

• Thomas4 weeks agoReport

What fool you are..

They don't have a job because they lack skills and education. 

-Insufficient income for affordable housing

-Unemployment

-Poverty

-Mental illnesses and insufficient treatment

These are the main causes of homelessness according to the source linked below.

• Luke4 weeks agoReport

All caused by mass immigration 

I guess it’s kind of hard to set up job interviews when you’re sleeping on the sidewalk and haven’t taken a bath in a couple of months and have basically lost your mind because you realize that nobody gives a sh!t  whether you’re dead or alive. 

I wonder if that has something to do with it?

I know when I was living in my car for almost 2 years I really felt like nobody cared. Because nobody did care. Well maybe my little boy did. 

As much as his mother tried to prevent me from being able to see him after she destroyed me in no-fault divorce court and married hubby #4 who abused him.  

I remember one night he wanted to sleep with me in my car he missed me so much. 

I hate this fvcking country. 

* And to “a” who said I was “free to leave....”a” is the first letter of the word “as$hole”...so it was a good choice of screen ID for you. LOL

* JerryL

How do you deal with the abrasions to your knuckles from dragging them on the pavement all the time? You must go through a lot of bandaids! LOL

• JerryL
      4 weeks agoReport

sorry to hear you can leave America  go to a commie country i heard they give you a house once you enter

Many because many are looking for freebies and drugs.

• Anon
      4 weeks agoReport

Byron: Also: "...Comma , shelter". A Comma Divides, does not necessary Join points. 

The economy is good as a capitalist economy, which implies all the decrepit tricks of the rich to steal from the 99.95% of people who aren't rich are in better working order. A major part of that is keeping people from getting rich and keeping the poor class poor, so as the system improves, there are more poor.

• John
      4 weeks agoReport

How true. Just pigging out to the boss in america

they are not hire-able

the used illegal drugs and drink alcohol to excess everyday and 99% live as they do refuse any help or the real kind 

they use meth and spice not legal drugs like the falsehood and money grab blaming the pharmaceutical companies 

IF you go stay in homeless shelter they have rules the street people refuse to follow those simple rules .... thus they cannot ever be hired unless they CHOOSE to take the help the shelters offer 

I spent three years helping my buddy at the shelter - I went there 3 days a week to help .. he dried out (quite drinking) he followed the rules he got health they get him a place to live and his social security check to live on 

more money is not a answer no matter what the people in government making $200,000.00 a  year running the homeless systems 

• John
      4 weeks agoReport

Nice but fact nobody is there they all live with their parents.

Inflation. The cost of living is driving people to work more thus halving the job openings and causing people to fight for employment in a fiercely compejob market at the same time companies are fighting for profitability to maintain thier bottom lines and having to right size thier industries causing more joblessness. Those without jobs cannot afford rent or housing and become homeless.

• Ann

Because liberals think it's OK because it's they're right to be homeless. That's easier than finding a solution and fixing it.

• gibbsmb
      4 weeks agoReport

NOBODY thinks homelessness is OK.   Not libs, not cons..Each might have different levels of patience, tolerance & different ideas about what should be done & what the cause is.  & Blue wonder is spot on.

• In California as well as in many major cities, there are taxes, regulations, statutes and laws that drive businesses and middle class citizens out of cities.While keeping the homeless inside the city.

Cities drive business out with high regulation and taxation.City treatment of business eventually stops them from making a profit. Which eventually drives the business to a more favorable venue.

The people left inside the city vote for a city government who views Business as if they are greedy exploiters of the poor. owners have only one way to protest. They vote with their feet. Business relocation eventually drives jobs away from the city.

The poor end up paying for all business regulation and taxation in terms of higher prices and lower wages. This keeps more people from being able to afford housing.

The cities then keep the homeless inside the cities with government "assistance" programs.