mazen asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

I'm a guy. My hair is extremely dry. It gets tangled when I comb it and snaps when I run my fingers through it. Should I shave it all off?

I know there might be ways to cure it without shaving but I honestly have no problem to shave it if it is to guarantee that it will grow back healthier than before. I just want to make sure whether shaving will actually do that. Also, if it does, do I need to completely shave my head or just to a certain extent? A buzz cut maybe?

Shaving it off won’t help if you don’t stop doing whatever is causing the damage. Are you using a conditioner and how often do you shampoo? Shampooing everyday is really drying for the hair and scalp especially without conditioner. Try shampooing every other day and use a conditioner if you don’t already. Getting your hair trimmed a little will help al well, I don’t think you need to shave it all off. 

• audrey

You don't need to cut it all off. Start using a good conditioner and hot oil treatments. Get a rubber bristle brush. Never comb your hair when it's wet. In other words, baby your hair!!!

If your hair is damaged (which it sounds like it probably is) it would most likely grow back healthier once you shave it. Getting a buz cut would do the sane as shaving it all off so you don't need to go completely bold if you don't want to. However make sure you look after it as it grows back so that it stays healthy. Put argan oil in your hair as it's growing back to keep it healthy and make sure you use the right shampoo and conditioner. Hope this helps.