zap asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

is there any way to reliably tell weather a girl is flirting with you or just being polite/friendly?

Im asking this in the Psychology section because as a guy who is clueless about women, and who is also afraid of both rejection and of being accused of sexual harassment ( with the PoundMetoo movement even saying hello to a woman who doesn't want to be said hello to is considered sexual assault), i want to know if there have been any generalized signs/body language, or subtle hints  that have been with some scientific research to to correlated with attraction or flirting bs just being polite. I neither want to be rejected or waste my time on a girl who isn't interested in me, nor do i want to offend or make a girl uncomfortable. I realize since women never approach men it can be annoying to be approached when bot interested

Everything i look up on the internet seems to be subjective... with all the technology and Psychological advances how is there no research or useful information on how to filter out attraction/flirting from normal politeness? Women in general are friendlier and less harsh than men with strangers so that to me makes it super hard to filter out.

But i was also born without the ability to pick up on body language or social cues from women so... its maybe me.

Any one have any info? Also no Pick Up Artist BS... thats not science or backed by science

• j153e

You might read "For Couples Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn; helpful about how to sort through female behavior.

Also, the female is good at playing the middle ground--maybe I'm interested, maybe I'm being polite; it protects her from being rejected and from wasting time on males that may be interested elsewhere.

So, if you continue to be polite and/or flirt, the next possible steps include asking her questions about the lecture, and if she keeps up her end of your conversation, walk out of the class with her and ask her another question; as you're walking along, then, ask her if she'd like to review notes sometime that your schedules permit. Compare open hours, and go to the student cafeteria during the day. Safe for her, safe for you.

Whether = Choice.

Weather = snow, rain, fog, etc.

If she is flirting, you are enticed to spend money on Her.

If not you are having fun, without any sexual innuendo.

• zap1 month agoReport

Smart alec, its called autocorrect... grr