Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it OK what my dad did to my daughter?

My daughter is in college. The college is 100 miles away. She is sharing an apartment with 3 other girls. She ask me how I thought she should get around and go the grocery store and other places as there is no public transportation where she is staying. I ask her if any of the other girls at the apartment had a car and she checked and none did. They told her they will use a bike to get around. She wanted me to buy her a bike. I told her with the high cost of tuition, books, and her apartment, it might be a used bike.

She visited my dad and mom last weekend and she talked to them about the problem she would have getting around at college and that I planned to buy her a bike. My dad told her that he used to be an ambulance driver and he had picked up MANY people that had be hit on their bike by a car. He said the bike driver was usually DEAD or severely injured in a car bike accident. He was going to get her something safer than a bike to use at college.

He then took her to a car dealer and bought her a new Kia Soul so she would be safe. She thinks she has the greatest grandpa in the world now.

I am not sure how I feel about this. Dad did not buy me a new car when I went to college. Is dad trying to make me look bad to my daughter because I could not afford to buy her any car let alone a new one or is he concerned about her safety on a bike.

How should I feel about what my dad did?

Favorite Answer

i think it was okay for him to do that

• Kieth

She has a car, she will be safer now, it didn't cost you a dime. Stop being a whiny little crybaby.

• g

Exactly! What did he do "to" her? Mom doesn't have to feel any way about it. Maybe he's simply concerned for her safety and now in a position to do something for her.