Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

2 weeks of glute training and no results?

When I train the glutes, I have been doing weighted glute bridges with 10lb weights and and recently bumped it up to 20 because I was barely feeling any burn and it was getting too easy. I decided to compare the before and after and I see little if any difference. I feel the burn every time I do it so I don’t know whats up. I do 4 sets of 25 reps  and sometimes double that. I also try to mix in a second or third exercise. I know i’m doing the exercise right because again i’m feeling the burn every time I do it. So what could I be doing wrong? Advice?

I meant to add is 2 weeks for results too soon?

Are you squeezing your glutes when you do glute bridges? you're supposed to also what does your diet look like? you need a lot of protein when building muscle. Eat food with protein like chicken, lean ground beef, salmon, almonds, full fat greek yogurt, eggs, etc. if you buy protein powder that should be an addition to it you should also get in it your diet through food too. But if you're a hard gainer which means it's harder for you to gain muscle that will affect your results too and with you lifting heavy with your glutes you should be taking every other day off. Three times a week is a good amount to train glutes especially with the heavy weight. I know it seems like if some training is good more must be better that's not necessarily true. Rest days are grow days always remember that. Hope this helps and good luck.

25 reps and glute bridges (air humps) are what you're doing wrong.

With any muscle building set the reason you stop is because you can't do any more. Don't do air humps but if you do, bump it up to 120lbs for 9 sets of 5 reps. I know that's not what you'll do but that's the frame of mind you need to be in, not 4 sets of 25, that's awkward hump stamina training, not muscle building.

And like i suggested, more compound workouts like squats with said heavy-*** weight are going to build muscle more than glute bridges. My *** is chaffing right now after walking around for a while with a 600lb inverse hack squat (I haven't actually done for 8 days now).