Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Are religions unfair to women?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Not mine. Women are equal to men, and the day may well come when women can minister or hold an organized priesthood.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Depends on the religion.

• 8 months ago

Mostly, yes they are. Strange, because early religions had female leaders and gods.

• 8 months ago

Some are.  Not Christianity though.  Jesus raised the status of women.

@ cat -- Assuming you're right, since when does one Church represent all religions?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Not in Catholicism. We believe in complementarianism.

• 8 months ago

Mostly it seems. Religions were created by men, albeit based on spirituality. Christian churches are only just beginning to appoint women as bisops, for example. I don't really know enough about Islam or Judaism, for example, but suspect that They are even further behind.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Some certainly are. But Jesus Christ taught "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus". (Gal 3:28)

• 8 months ago

Not all religions, but most. For example, in the Catholic Church a woman can never aspire to having a position of authority in the church, like a priest, bishop, etc. The Church also bans artificial means of birth control. Many Catholic women in modern societies don't follow this rule, but devout Catholic women in less developed countries have broods of children that they can't afford to care for properly, only because the Church wants them to be baby factories. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They'll say men and women have different roles in the church and society. But I'm sure Islam in Saudi Arabia would say the same thing about keeping women out of education and politics

• 8 months ago

In Warlockism Women are just as equal to men , inequality dose not exist in this path , as for the zionistic religions women are considered inferior to men ./93

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.