Why do people think that you only need to believe in order to go to heaven wouldn't you need to prove your worth?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Not exactly "prove your worth", but believing isn't just something that happens inside your head. A true believer is one whose life is transformed, who lives their life according to the will of the One in Whom they claim to believe.

• Snowbird
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Great answer Paul

• 1 month ago

Tradition and maybe a subconscious desire to remain in their sins. Of course we have to become fit subjects for heaven. Faith without works is dead, and so are we.

• Doug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not necessarily. The only thing absolutely necessary for a soul to obtain heaven is God's unmerited favor. That said, God may choose to consider a wide array of factors, when he renders his judgment.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 1 month ago

They've been taught wrong or they're not thinking clearly.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

yes and no, it depends on which verse you are reading and which verses each pastor and sect would teach by traditions.

i sincerely believe that we can be saved by Grace or by Faith, either/or. but all mankind must endure to the end, and must not be ignorant in investigation of the truth. proving worthiness is also a hurdle and some people are worthy by the judgments of merit, where they knew not the gospel of Jesus Christ and yet would have received it, if they had known.

the theif on the cross is one verse that many believe proves that just asking for to be saved is enough. however, when looking at the word of Jesus, He said the thief would be with him that day in paradise. in LDS theology, and probably the truth in the gospel, paradise is not heaven. so, even with faith one still has to ask to be saved. With grace, we can be dead and still call upon the name of Jesus and be saved in the spirit, but we have to come to judgment. Jesus will forgive whom he will forgive and it is written that GOD, His Father in heaven, gave His throne and all authority to Jesus. the book of revelation says that Jesus will judge the whole earth, and will have help of 24 elders and then Jesus said he will save everyone except the son of perdition is lost. i myself have heard the voice tell me that i am not lost. i will be raised at the last day. hopefully this person who spoke is speaking for Jesus or was Jesus and the last day will be the first day of the resurrection.

• 1 month ago

Believe means to live your life as though Jesus existed. That means to follow his commands. We are saved by faith and by works. You can't get to heaven by faith alone.

• Ala
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

How you choose to live your life is important.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both ideas miss the mark.  There's more to "believing" than just a mental acknowledgment, to be sure, but on the other hand, there's nothing to prove.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • And cue Chris with his “everyone deserves to go to hell because the truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to burn you” spam rant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.