I’ve recently been offered a position as an e-commerce developer. They are aware that I have very little programming exp. what do i do? ?

I’m excited to learn new things but also really scared that I would not be able to do my best. I asked them what excatly my responsibilities will be and they said they will fill me in on my first day. 

on what basis did they offer you the role if you have little next to no programming exp ??

i smell b/s ..

A lot of people that start out in a developer job use the "fake it till you make it" approach, and end up learning a lot. However, I would definitely talk to your employer and find out specifically what you will be doing. If you feel you are extremely unqualified and you don't the job, just tell them and don't take the job.

• Enigma

I think it's a sales position and not a web/software developer.

This could just be a fancy name for a "Telemarketer", this will be your call. Do more research on it.

• Dave

This makes no sense. You applied and interviewed and got a job for a position that you don't even know what it means?

Riighhhttttt....

• Dave

So you put in an application that said "Job Unknown"?!? Again, none of that makes sense in any fashion.That's not how it works.

E-commerce developer, does not mean programming.

Programmers are the people who supply you  with your tools.

There is a whole TV series called "IT" in the UK, precisely the same situation.