Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 months ago

Do people who are chronic liar’s ever get help and change? Or are they too arrogant to acknowledge their problem?

My father is a chronic liar. He hurts us emotionally with his lies constantly. He’s also very arrogant.

Please lead the way by sorting your own thoughts

First?

Thanks

Very best wishes

Mars

Source:) Study and Ethics

It is very rare that they get help.

They have to admit they lie.

You can try to get him help.

I doubt they are going to get help or change, because chronic lying tends to be a lifetime habit and it can seem "normal" to people who do this.

I know someone who lies all the time and i have heard this out of her mouth many times: "if there's one thing i can't stand it's when someone calls me a liar".

Last time she said that i about died laughing.

You can study about narcissism and about the reprobate mind from the Bible. Learn about narcissism and you'll find a section where no one has ever seen one change no counselor no teacher no preacher no one. I think the Bible has something about going past the point of no return calling it a reprobate mind. It will take a couple of weeks to grasp it and to believe that people could be so bad.