Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Theists: Do you have evidence to meet your burden of proof without using the Bible?

First cause what created the universe 

Billions of changed lives. 

Checkmate moron

Often it allows people to think "I'm better than THOSE PEOPLE!" 

When others have seen God working through you and say 

"There's something different about this person" 

You don't need a 'Bible!'

The burden of proof has been proven without using a 'Bible!'

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Corinthians 2:4)!

Your Q is only addressed to Jews and Christians, as only they take the Bible to be God's word to humanity. (Jews using the old Hebrew part alone.) A few billion theists never use the Bible. Well, as a Christian, I can assure you that even if I'd never seen a Bible, I would still believe in God, convinced of His existence, due to divine interventions in my life at three critical points; once when a little child, second when in my mid-20s, and third when in my early 50s. 

I also know that many people who came to believe in Jesus in their early adulthood or later had never seen a Bible. And over the centuries, loads of believers in God and Christ couldn't read, or there was no Bible translated into the language they could read. The Bible is very important for a well-grounded faith but even if you couldn't get access to one, there are still evidences for God to be found in other ways.

Perhaps none of them can meet their personal responsibilities without their bible.

• Paul

If ten of my friends each tell me they know Jim Smith, then I take that as clear evidence that Jim Smith must exist, even though I have not met met Him. If hundreds of millions of intelligent people state that they know God, and live in daily relationship and communication with Him, what am I going to do? Tell them they are all imagining the same thing, and look like an idiot?

Yes, Einstein, but the burden of proof is YOURS by the law of Parsimony. The best supported alternative must be the default. Every year millions experience God for themselves. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do. Don't bother moving the goalposts. It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

Evidence for what?  Are you asking for evidence of God, or Jesus Christ, or miracles, or historical credibility or what?  You need to be specific.

If it's that you want evidence of God, I can assure you that you have it.  God is evident in the world around us because God is CREATOR.

You know that no human being could ever hang our earth in the sky on nothing. No human being could create the moon, Sun, stars.  

Be honest with yourself - human beings cannot even create a blade of grass - let alone a beautiful eyeball and a  human being who has a brain and a spirit to connect with God our heavenly Father.

Just look around you at the beautiful animals, birds, trees, flowers, fish, etc., - GOD CREATED ALL OF THEM AND US and all the planets and this world and universe.

Think about it seriously and you will realize only too readily that there has to be a wonderful CREATOR who designed and created all this beauty.  MAN COULD NEVER DO IT THAT'S FOR SURE

We have no burden of proof.  Believe or don't.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian