Christians, what biblical thoughts, scriptures bring you great peace?

In a world with less and less peace, tranquility, having access to this is vital.

i like the one about god supplying my needs, kept me sane when i was out of work

Read the Psalms of King David.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Actually for me it is my time praying in tongues. Praying in tongues (out loud) is probably the most important thing I have learned to do. Since I started doing this I have had numerous dreams, visions, and even encounters with Yeshua. Here is a document that will help you understand and get started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pibf1bwoqmoo74/Pray%20i...

"Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6)!

Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning 36 as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. 37 The servants who are ready & waiting for his return will be rewarded, I tell you! Luke 12:35,

• Doug

Knowing and loving God is what leads to peace and joy, beyond all understanding, which is eternal salvation, in Jesus Christ. That is the ongoing mission of the holy Church and the Lord's enduring promise to its' members. Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always: again, I say, rejoice. Let your modesty be known to all men. The Lord is nigh.  Be nothing solicitous: but in every thing, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline: think on these things. The things which you have both learned and received and heard and seen in me, these do ye: and the God of peace shall be with you. 

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • norine1 month agoReport

Philippians is speaking to "the members of the body of Christ" (I Cor 12:11-12) at Phili who have (((ALL))) been baptized into One Spirit" (I Cor 12:13) and doesn't apply to anyone who has not!

Eph. 4 is a good chapter. Extracts from it: "Every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ... for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ... If you have heard [Christ] and been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus, put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind. Put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

• norine1 month agoReport

Ephesians is speaking to "the members of the body of Christ" (I Cor 12:11-12) at Ephesus who have (((ALL))) been baptized into One Spirit" (I Cor 12:13) and doesn't apply to anyone who has not!

• Alan H

What brings me peace is a living relationship with Jesus

• norine1 month agoReport

One believed to be a 3 in 1 god, eating His body and drinking His blood in TWO baptisms?

1 Peter 5:7   King James Version (KJV)

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

• norine1 month agoReport

Which "Him?"