Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Is it possible for stars to fall down on earth like meteorites?

Muslims say that one day stars will Allah will punish planet earth and all the stars from the sky will fall down on us and destroy us.

I think that's pretty absurd.I doubt stars can fall down.And one star is a million times bigger than the earth.Some stars are bigger than the sun.I don't see why would God need billions of stars to destroy us.

Science is not my domain and scientific knowledge is quite limited so I'd like to know what scientists say about this.

Meteroids and meteorites are CALLED falling stars, but they are NOT STARS. They are grains of dust, sand, rocks, boulders and asteroids falling through Earth's atmosphere. They are NOT STARS. No, very like ly stars WILL NOT do that. Both the Bible and the Quran are metaphorical. Hiw do you expect a y one to tell the difference between hot volcanic ash falling in you from meteoroids and meteorites falling when you may be suffocating to death from noxious gases or have watched it happen to other people? 

No, of course not. But when even the Bible says that the stars shall fall to earth, we need to start thinking. It could be that the Earth shall be translated through space so quickly that it will appear like the stars are falling to Earth. Or maybe the earth shall wobble on its axis (reel to and fro like a drunken man) with the same apparent result.

• Paul

No, since stars (other than our sun) are millions to billions of miles away. And also because Earth is just a dot in the sky compared to the size of a star.

FYI this verse is from the Bible, Gospel of Mark and Revelation. No it's not possible for actual stars to fall to earth. Just meteorites.

No, but meteorites can. I'd say that we don't know the scope of the Classical Arabic word used, so this question is really about linguistics and translation.