Soccer and sprinting?

Is soccer technically a sprinting sport?

You need both good sprinting speed and endurance.  I'd say it is more about interval training.  You sprint for a bit, jog for a bit, stand around a bit, sprint for a while, and so on.  Dedicated sprinters tend to carry a lot more muscle around.  That wouldn't work for a game like football (soccer) because you have to cover a lot more ground.  So while it involves some sprinting, it's not all about sprinting.

Absolutely not. It has some sprinting in it, but endurance is just as important if not more for many positions.

No, it is just like any sport that involves sprinting. Soccer would have to be one of those sports that requires more sprinting than some others.

• Fred5 months agoReport

Sprinting? Why is football so popular? Maybe people make money of this sport in betting and casino 
      https://go-gl.com/owX4uQ

Yes and more, a game of deception like basketball.

Cheating under the noses of the spectators and judges.

Not really, and it depends on which position you play.  I rarely had to sprint, sprint, even though I'm fairly fast, or I used to be.  I was defensive back, right side.  When we had good games, I mostly watched the game and just chucked the ball forward when it came to me. When we had bad games, I had to switch positions (like mid-field or forward) with other people a lot because I was a beginner, and they had more experience and had to defend more.  

Technically speaking, yes, you could call it a sprinting sport, since soccer players usually sprint at maximum speed for brief moments. This is crucial to the sport.

• J

No; ball control is paramount. Speed and fitness are good attributes.

• .

No. 

It's a sport with continued jogging/running (unless you play keeper) and occasional sprints.