Should Pluto be a planet again?

I certainly wish do

I know the IAU demoted it because of its size but New Horizons had been already launched before the fateful decision

The Pictures sent back, the Evidence and the finding of two more moons have stirred up excitement

How many other Kuiper Belt objects would be like that

Frozen Nitrogen with water ice mountains

• Clive

It is what it is.  What you call it is a matter of definition.  And the IAU decided it isn't the same as the other planets, they were clearly right about that, it's more like what it defines to be dwarf planets so clearly Pluto is a dwarf planet too.

Eh... I'm comfortable no matter which category they place it in... while the debate goes on - I have other things I consider more pressing than what label Pluto has.  Pluto is Pluto - it's going to be an interesting object no matter which category it's under.

• ANDY

In my modest opinion, Pluto should have remained as the 9th planet in our solar system. I opted to say this for one main reason that maybe very few have mentioned. 

Pluto orbits the sun in 248 Earth years. And every 228 years it comes closer to the sun than Neptune. This feature alone tells that it is much different than the other dwarf planets in the Kuiper belt..

The last time it was closer than Neptune was between 1979 and 1999.

It should have been grandfathered as a planet in the first place. Our solar system could have been exempted from the ever-shifting sands of astronomical definitions, and thereby avoided making a mockery out of it's practisioners.

The public already treats astronomy as nutty professor theatre.The IAU just fanned the flames with their decision.

You want to make Pluto great again, huh?

Always been a planet, just cause some idiots at IAU made it a dwarf planet doesnt make it less of one.

it never stopped being one just because a bunch of dorks decided between themselves

• John

It was for many decades.

You missed the boat.  It already is a planet again.  It was reclassified as a planet a year or so ago.