What's a good printer for home use that has good print speed and not so expensive ink?

Looking for all in one printer

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

define "good". most printers have "good" print speed. how many ppms you need?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

laser printers are much cheaper on materials, per page, than ink jets. they are, however, black and white only. I've used Brother and/or Samsung all in one machines for years with good results. [when it dies, i buy whichever one is one sale]

• ...Show all comments
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yep, color lasers are not really expensive now.  But B/W laser is good for me

• 2 months ago

Colour or Monochrome, what kind of media do you want to print, how much do you want to print per month/year, what does "all in one" need to include for you (I wouldn't know of anyone still using a fax...)?

Oh, and what is "good" print speed for you (in pages/minute)?

• 2 months ago

Brother - all-in-one printer.Perfect printer not expensive,very reliable

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you don't need color

go for a monochrome laser printer.

Cost per page is MUCH less

speed is VERY good (much better than ink jets)

and quality laser printers have gotten as cheap, or nearly as cheap, as ink jet printers.

If you need color

then you have to choose between

- relatively slow inkjet

- relatively fast color laser

Color lasers are EXPENSIVE to BUY but cheap per page.

Injkets are CHEAP to BUY but expensive per page.

We (for our small business) recently purchased a Canon Fax / Copier / Scanner / Printer.

Laser (does only black-and-white).

Has an automatic paper feeder and double-sided printing / copying / faxing.

Works great. Price about $170 at the time.

Brother MFCL2750DW

When looking at these things:

A - make sure it has all of the features you need. For example: many all-in-ones do NOT Fax. Many all-in-ones do NOT have automatic paper feed or double-sided printing.

B - Brother and HP both have very good names in all-in-one printers (Brother uses Canon print engines). HP is typically more expensive and/or has fewer features than same-price Brother.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.