Bikini Barista Age Requirements?

I live in Washington State and I am currently 17 years old. I do believe that I may be old enough to apply to a bikini barista stand at this age but I’m not 100% sure. The job application doesn’t specify an age limit, and I’ve heard that 17 year old do work at the stands. I’ve been looking everywhere for an answer and can’t find one. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I would bet there are rules about minors working with some barista equipment....

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

One step before prostitution.

• 2 months ago

Assuming by Barista you mean working in a coffee shop that does not sell alcohol then it is probably not prohibited > unless < the bikini cafe is considered an "adult oriented business".

https://www.lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/youth-employ...

Another answer is correct and call the cafe to ask if they hire people age 17. 

• 2 months ago

The age of majority in Washington State is 18. I suspect that is the age you need to be. Whoever is running the contest doesn't have to use the age of majority as the age where you are allowed to enter but if they don't then they risk getting sued so the age is probably 18.

• W.T. Door
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

They are asking about working as a Barista. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Simple, show up and hand in an application.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Bikini Barista????  You have got to be kidding.  This is a thing???

Why on earth would you degrade yourself like that?????

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.