Will Uber/Lyft let my kid ride without a booster?

We are going to a concert in Chicago this summer and I am taking my 6 year old. I'm not from the city and since this is a large concert we are taking the subway but then we have to transfer to a bus. Being the concert wont get done until 10-11pm I prefer not to ride the bus for 45 stops to our hotel. Will Uber or Lyft let my son ride without a booster? He is 4'6" so hes extremely tall for his age. The ride would be 5-10 mins from our subway stop to our hotel. I just cant bring a booster but really dont want to pay the $40-$50 parking fee at the stadium. 

• MS

Technically, Uber and Lyft both require that children ride in any car seats that are required by state law (including booster seats).  Since children under 8 are required to be in a booster seat in IL, those drivers should require it of you.  If he is tall for his age then they may assume he is older and not ask.  It's definitely a risk though.

Park your car near the subway stop. That way, you don't can take the train/subway and won't have to park at the stadium, and you won't have to take the bus, but you won't need the Uber/Lyft.

• Richard

In much of the city, there is no non-metered street parking; and even if there is, it's hard to find a space within a MILE of any public venue.  Also, if you are going to the Chicago Stadium, it is a really dangerous neighborhood west of the stadium.