An AT&T guy is coming to my house to upgrade my internet. I will get a new modem. I will get 300 mbps speed. Is this fast?

Depends on what you do with it, and how many people are accessing the internet all at once.

My speed is 75mb/s and i thought that was fast.

"Fast" is a subjective term.  Try it out and see if you notice a difference.  The only person it should really matter to is yourself.

Uh.

That is incredibly fast compared to most people... Impressive.

I have EPB fiber and can agree, 300 mbps is a DREAM. you only need about 15 mbps to stream netflix or youtube on 1 device. keep in mind mbit is not Mbyte. For most people this is more speed than any regular person could ever fully utilize unless you are a "power user"  

• Servus

Yep! I have AT&T and it's been great so far.

• A¥B2 months agoReport

"Faster than 99% of the US" says it all, LMAO

I'm assuming that's Xfinity fiber optics.  Yes, 300 Mbps is considered fast by modern standards.  That's 37.5 MBps, about a gigabyte every 30 seconds, or 130GB per hour.  

This means you could download a typical 1080p movie in about a minute, or download Red Dead Redemption 2 (very large game) in just over an hour.

I have 90 Mbps FiOS and still consider it very fast.  300 is like a dream.  Welcome to the future.

P.S.  300Mbps is over 5000 times faster than a dial-up modem, if you're old enough to remember that type of thing.

edit: spelling

At&t in dsl, you wont be getting 300mbps. Youd be lucky to get 20