Cory asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Was Kaepernick wrong for asking for $20 mill/year from the XFL? ?

No one stands pat at that amount unless (a) he's already making that amount and he's not getting off the couch for less or (b) he's fking with them. 

The guy is, by all accounts, unemployed. If he were desperate he would sign with anybody. There's a reason why he's asking for that amount. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do you suppose he's asking for that much?

• Cory2 months agoReport

because that's how much (or a little more than) he's making now. If you were broke you don't make ridiculous salary demands. You only make those kinds of salary demands if you want more to leave your current situation. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Its obvious he really doesn't want to play.Your saying he is unemployed but he is receveing income from NIKE.He is not desperate and enjoys his life the way it is.

• RAIDERS FAN2 months agoReport

THAT'S ONE REASON NIKE SUCKS

• 2 months ago

No.  Here's why - you're talking about him.  So his ploy worked.

Look, the XFL pays peanuts.  Kaepernick's agent knows they can't pay him big money, so the request was a BS request.  Ask yourself why?  Because it gets him in the news again.  It keeps his name alive.  And his NAME is now his main asset.

Kaepernick by the way is NOT unemployed.  He's a Nike spokesman.  And paid well for it.  But because he doesn't have NFL accomplishments to merit that deal, he needs to keep his name in the news and further the legend of his persecution.  This XFL thing is an attempt at that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

he's set for life financially. they need some real marketable names to give them legitimacy. he's got no reason to take a cut rate just so he can play football again, people get injured and he's already got money. makes perfect sense to me to ask them for the moon, they need him much more than he needs them. if they pay it, great, if they don't pay it, great.

and lets be honest... his real market value, which i'd guess at this point is around 1.5 mill a year (i'm using matt moore and rgIII as my comps) is just as out of range for the XFL as 20 million a year is, that's the salary for a whole roster for them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I guess he doesn't want to accept less than he thinks he's worth. The problem is no one else thinks he's worth that. Especially in the XFL, where average salaries are far lower than in the NFL. It appears he is intentionally pricing himself out of professional football. It isn't a question of right or wrong, tbh.

• 2 months ago

No, he has the right to ask for whatever he wants. He knew he would never get it from teh XFL, they aren't going to pay ANYONE that amount right now(or likely ever) but he can ask. The reality is he doesn't want to play. He is getting paid to be an "activist" now and exposing his abilities in Football again won't help him any.

• 2 months ago

Definitely. How many QB's make that kind of money in the NFL? This guy is all about himself and seeing his name in the news. You are correct, If he was serious, he would play for much less. He needs to just go away.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. If NFL teams don’t want to take him seriously he shouldn’t take the XFL seriously.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He knows that people will come to see him play and he will attract large paid admissions.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes he was. In my opinion, he is not worth that much.

• Cory2 months agoReport

not the point. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.