If you reached your medical insurance deductible, does that mean you won’t have to pay until the next year?
- curtisports2Lv 73 months ago
No. You will still be paying for any co-pays or coinsurance.
- David 14Lv 74 months ago
Seriously? It means the insurance company will start paying more as you have satisfied this year's deductible. You still have to pay copays or coinsurance.
- KiniLv 74 months ago
It means your insurance company will begin to pay their portion of your bills. Yes, you start over again next year with a deductible. You still have to pay your portion of the bills.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 74 months ago
No. It only means that you won't have to pay as much, because the insurance company will be paying something.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- ScottLv 74 months ago
No, usually your deductible is the amount you must pay before the insurance pays anything. Then you pay the co-insurance amount (typically 20-30%) until you reach your maximum out of pocket. Then insurance pays 100% of covered services.
- Anonymous4 months ago
On MY plan, thats what it means but mine does not pay for anything unless I spend $6400+. And I never have yet.
- AnonymousLv 74 months ago
Nobody here knows how YOUR plan works. If you have a deductible and then 100% coverage, then yes that's exactly what that means. But, you could enter cost sharing, you could have copays, but we have zero idea...despite the confidence of the other answers.
- ALv 74 months ago
No, your policy has several conditions, a deductible, a co-pay, and a maximum out of pocket. You could have a deductible of $400.00, which means after you have paid that the insurance company pays 80% of the rest of the charges, you pay 20%, when you have paid out $2500.of your 20% of covered charges, your insurance pays the rest.
- JudyLv 74 months ago
no, you still pay copays for each service, but the insurance pays some,
- Rick BLv 74 months ago
No. That means that insurance will pay a PORTION of all your expenses for the rest of the year.