Will.
Will. asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 6 months ago

Telephone cold callers.?

I get many cold callers on the phone. I use BT Call Protect but still get a lot of calls, sometimes I put the phone down straight away and sometimes keep them talking until I end the call. How to you handle them ?.

• WayneH

When I get a call the caller ID tells me it's a fake number, I always answer, "Detective Johnson, Dallas County sheriff's office."

• ron h

https://www.donotcall.gov/   this will help if you're in the US.

Pretend to be a poltergeist. Record a scene from The Omen or The Exorcist and play it down the phone.

Simple. I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. If the call is legitimate, the caller can leave a VM

Hanging up is the easiest. 

• Scott

I just don't answer any incoming call I don't recognize. They can leave a voicemail message if it's important.

I actually used to enjoy getting these calls, as I'd just sit there saying really lewd, nasty things until they'd hang up.  But now that it's robots doing the calling, I just don't answer when I don't recognize the caller id.