Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

What is the penalty for riding motorcycle with no insurance california ?

I am 15 years old, I have a motorcycle permit, and a regular driving permit.  I have no motorcycle insurance and I am riding my motorcycle (TW200) on the street daily, it's registration Is also out of date, if I get pulled over by a police officer what kind of penalty would I be looking at ?

AT least $500 in fines and probably not being allowed to get your license until 18. 

Get insurance. You might not like to have your MC impounded.

Depends. Always wear Depends because the cop may be in a sh!tty mood and beat your azz until the poop flows with the blood. (so double protection).

Also depends-  if you try to run from the police, run red lights in the chase and try to run after you crash the cop has the legal right to blow your butt off.

Source(s): The Official Word from a guy who always wears Depends.
  • adam

Az they tow the bike. 30 day impound. You get ticket for no reg and no insurance. Here in Az if you have the insurance and Reg by the time you go to court the fine is drastically reduced. The ticket may even be dismissed . But I would just expect the lower fine. Thats here in Az though. 

• adam

I live for TD gimme more BEEEOTCHES

Motorcycle insurance is cheap AF - especially compared to auto insurance.

Buy that sh**.

• Ron

You lose the bike and your permits until you're 18. Too bad your parents don't beat you more often.

• Anton

Big tickets, no registration, no insurance.  You are legal to ride on the permit, solo, daytime, no freeway.

If the cop is cool, that's all.  If he didn't get any last night, he could call for a tow truck and impound your bike.

FYI -- probably will not get stopped.  I rode without license or insurance from 1974 through 1986.  1981-1986 I had no registration on my pickup truck.  Never was pulled over.  See all of those motorized bicycles, those with those pedal bicycles with chink motors?  Totally illegal.  Notice how many on the road.  They don't get stopped either.

• adam

Just insure and register in anothers name if your license is fugazzi

A PERMIT is not a LICENSE.

In order to ride the motorcycle alone on just the motorcycle permit, your regular driver's license MUST be a LICENSE and NOT just a "driving permit".

You are in the "learning" stages of driving which means driving alone is equal to driving without a license.  

If you had a full driver's license, then driving the motorcycle alone on just a motorcycle permit would not be a problem. 

You could be charged with driving without a license which could be a fine of anything from $250 to $1000.  You might get three years probation or could get six months in county jail.  

https://www.shouselaw.com/12500.html

• adam

No controlled access freeway. The I 10 isnt controlled access. The 51 and the 17 are

Harsh. You Lose the Bike as it is impounded. Then you got to prove the bike is yours.  Then the cop looks at the insurance charge. $250 to $500 minimum(unless he is having a bad day then it will be more.  You lose, you lose, you lose.