Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Why do women have short hair when they get older?

I don't like it. Isn't there something they could do to make long hair look nice even when they're older? I'm not talking grandma age btw. Like 40+

Or even before they turn 40

Easier to take care of.  I had long hair, for eons, but when I got older...I cut it and keep it cut just because it's easier to take care of.

less of it and easier to manage is my guess.

Because it's easier to care for.  Why should they care what a boy man thinks about their own personal hair styles.

• Mystic

Not all of them do. Stop making generalizations and assumptions.

It depends on their health and other factors. some of them grow even longer hair. 

• Most women I guess but some have long hair even as they old. In your opinion, I wonder what is grandma age? I have a friend who is a grandma at the age of 40. I am close to 60 and my hair is thick long silky below my bottoms. Some ladies complain their hair starts to drop if kept it long or convenient to dry after wash. To each their own.

often times their hair becomes thinner, so keeping shorter hair makes the hair look fuller

it,s their wish what they like to do...

if she like short hair it will be nice..if she not keep it out.

It may be that years of dealing with the challenges of washing, drying and styling longer hair were more than they wish to continue dealing with. My wife had long hair when she was younger prior to our marriage. She had short hair for the entire 29 years that we were together and I know that was her motivation. Honestly, I thought she looked much more attractive with shorter hair than the pictures I saw of her with longer hair.