Seinfeld is way better than Friends. Why is Friends so overrated?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I agree that Seinfeld is better.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • lj1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I didn't care for either show. Aside from a few strokes of brilliance, Seinfeld didn't do anything for me. Friends was just plain stupid. 

To answer your question, Friends is overrated because the American public is easily amused by mindless drivel. 

• 2 months ago

Seinfeld's not as good as you remember.  Watch some of the youtube clips of the most famous Seinfeld moments without the laugh track.  That show benefitted ALOT from the laugh track.

But I think these two shows were polar opposites.  Friends was very much a friendly show that harkened back to classic sitcoms where everyone was nice and friendly and likeable.  It was a warm show as much, if not more, than a sitcom.  The cast all seemed like pals...like FRIENDS.

Seinfeld on the other hand was following suit with Simpsons and Married With Children in that it was trying to break out of the sitcom mold.  Every character on Seinfeld is a self-centered ******.  I know, you're thinking 'What, not Jerry tho!', but no...think harder.  Jerry was also an ******.  And the show held itself up as a show 'about nothing'.  It was trying hard to be different.  They weren't the first or best to break the mold, but they did break it also.

So if you LIKE the buddy story and the lightheartedness of Friends, you'll like that more.  If you LIKE the mold breaking of Seinffeld, you'll like that more.

But BOTH were overrated.

• 2 months ago

It’s a matter of one’s opinion. Not everyone is going to like or dislike the same things

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Others could ask why Seinfeld is overrated. We all have preferences to what we like. I could asked why people like oysters, snails, frogs legs and anchovies, when I'd vomit if I had to eat those. 

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In my opinion, both of those shows were overrated.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Simpler minds like Friends better

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

couldn't agree more. I gave up on Friends after the first season. Seinfeld was brilliant with the soup Nazi. that was hilarious!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because Seinfeld only had one hot female cast member and Friends had 3. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause people like it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.