Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

Do any of this sound like an affordable health insurance plan?

Option A,

$160 per month premium 

$500 Deductible

$3,000 out-of-pocket maximum

Option B,

$200 per month premium 

$500 deductible 

$2,000 out-of-pocket maximum 

• Amy

Yes. 

Let's assume you're not getting any Obamacare subsidy. Then you earn more than $4000 per month. Paying $160 for insurance is easy, and if you get seriously sick you'll spend about one month's take-home pay. 

If these are the costs AFTER your subsidy, then your income could be a bit lower. Minimum wage in poor states is about $1000 per month for full time work, but cost of living is lower there, so you're probably paying some $400 for rent and using food stamps for most of your groceries. Then $160/month is money you'd prefer to save for later, but it's within your means. If you do get sick you'll be $3000 in debt, but that's better than paying the full cost of your care.

They both are affordable to me....  Option B would cut my cost, deductible, and out of pocket max by about 75%. 

Are they PPO plans?  Where do I sign up?

STOP. Just stop. reported.