Norwich have a '13 game do or die' season and will be fighting for their lives to stay up - but can they get a result today ?

It would be brilliant for the league if they got a result, any result a draw maybe against Liverpool today.

The title race was over a while ago and we all resigned to the fact that the Scousers had already won the league weeks back, but it would be nice to see teams showing some metal and riding their luck and as a result of that getting 'something' against a Liverpool side that while phenomonaly good, also have rode their luck in a lot of games to stay unbeaten.

They've had more than their fair share of good fortune the Scousers, its high time other teams got some too and would like to see this Liverpool side really tested.

Nobody has asked any questions of this Liverpool side, I know their fans are saying they've been too good for the rest of us but thats also true that the 'rest of us' have not been up to the mark this year.

We're the only club in the country to have taken points off of them, Wolves were unfortunate not to have done so and so were the Blades earlier in the season. They've grinded out wins to be 22 points clear.

Am I being unrealistic in thinking Norwich could get a result today at Carrow Road (home advantage) ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

ok i've come back to say I was proven wrong, Norwich were resilient and effective at times but thankfully couldn't convert.

Its not luck,  its just teams have not put us to the sword and been clinical in the final third when we've been breached.  Norwich fought hard today and in all fairness deserve to stay up on todays performance alone.  Over the 90+3 mins its fair to say we deserved the 3 points though.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Norwich are gone. It's two from Brighton, Bournemouth, Aston Villa , West Ham and Watford although Newcastle look fragile and an extended bad run could see them in trouble too.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Norwich will flop out without a wimper, joke team. 

• August
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Very very competitive match and a joy to watch but as usual,Liverpool's class won it in the end. If they had beaten them I would have said they had a chance but it is over now 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Magic 8-ball says "not today, Norwich".

• 1 month ago

In all fairness, they've just been too good.

nobody has matched them in consistency over 25 games thats the bottom line.

The league isn't competitive ?

look carefully at the teams sitting in 2nd to last and see how far apart we all are in terms of points.

There are at least 7 teams fighting for a 4th spot finish in the league.  This tells me that a lot of teams are good enough to beat one another and take points off of each other on any given day.

lot of teams are rebuilding or an transition but what was citys excuse for sulking and giving up on the league so early on in the season ? i think they were pushed to their limits to win it last year by Liverpool and didnt have anything left in their gas tank to endure another closely fought title battle with Liverpool.  The hunger clearly was more in Klopps team than Peps.  I predicted they'd be favorites this season and Ive been proven right all along. I knew Man Citys obession with the CL would be their downfall as well as not strengthening in the right places.  Liverpool were too hungry this season more so than last and nobody was going to stop them from winning the league this time, given how closely they missed out last year.  They only lost 1 game last year and this year they decided to just win every game.

gotta take your hats off to the way theyve done it.  its remarkable.

As for the game at Carrow Road, there is no way in the world Norwich will get a result.

We are talking about the worst team in the country vs the best team in europe, if not the world.   Should be a walk in the park for Klopps men.

I'm going with Norwich 1 - Liverpool 5.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.