Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 4 months ago

Why are phones so easily breakable?

do they make the late galaxy and iphones easily breakable so that you have to spend more money in the long run? im tired of dropping my $1000+ phone one time and it shatters forcing me to buy a new one. No i dont want to make it ugly buying an ugly case. why cant they just make phones more durable?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

So you keep on purchasing new phones and they make more money

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

What I would like to know is why people think phones should be completely impervious to damage. Their outsides are made of very thin plastic, thin metal, and extremely thin glass. That alone is enough to make an intelligent person cautious.  Treated with due care, a cell phone should last over ten years.

• 3 months ago

Phones are made of thin plastic and the front screens are glass.

• 4 months ago

So they cant charge you $1000 for another, duh!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Because they're made of glass! Glass breaks when dropped.

• 4 months ago

What I would like to know

is why people think phones should be completely impervious to damage.

Their outsides are made of thin plastic, very thin metal, and extremely thin glass.

That alone is enough to make an intelligent person cautious.

Treated with due care, a phone should last over ten years

and appear to have been barely handled at the end of that time.

Take the challenge and do the same for yours.

Or, get a G-Shock phone so you can beat the crap out of it anyway.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

So you refuse to put a case then what to whine and moan that is breaks when you drop it.  Put a tempered glass screen protector on the front and back of the phone then..maybe after you break 20 of them you will put a case on it.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Stop being so frickin' clumsy and you won't have that problem.

Source(s): I've been using mobile phones for about 20 years and never broken one.
  • 4 months ago

The simple answer is don't drop a $1000 item that has no protection!

Would you complain an expensive analog watch was not properly made because it broke if you dropped it? No, you consider yourself clumsy & dropping it a stupid thing to do.

Smartphones have some of the highest density electronics of any consumer device made, plus glass and other fragile components, all in a tiny case.

To be drop-proof, they would need far thicker and larger cases with some shock absorbing layer incorporated - making them like they have the "ugly case" that you do not want, built in.

It's your choice; a bare, slim and fairly fragile device or a bigger, bulkier and more shock resistant one.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Do you put it in a case?  I agree it's a little counter productive for the companies to make the phones thinner and thinner and then we stick them in a big case to protect them.  Never broken the glass on mine but they are never used outside a case.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.