Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 6 months ago

What are you doing to reduce your use of plastics at home?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Nothing... NOT ONE THING... I Like using plastics and them throwing it in the trash. after I am finished with it.

• 5 months ago

I use reusable materials as much as possible like when you shop, stop using brown bags although it's biodegradable, it will still end up in the trash. Use reusable bags instead or produce bags. The thing is we have to reduce trash as much as possible. Hopefully, this cna be an inspiration to at least one person or more, maybe. Peace Out!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

i

buy a bottle of spring water from the shops then use the bottle to fill with tap water everyday

• 6 months ago

Using hand made cloth bags 

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • chorle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nothing but I have had to buy more small trash bags now that grocery store bags are no longer free and I have to park near the car return and put every thing in my car one item at a time because if I do remember the bags someone might steal them when I go to use the restroom 

• 6 months ago

Use glass or metal or wooden or ceramic materials for storage, plates, cups, glasses, spoons. Use metal tiffin and bottle. Drinking water stored in container made of silver or copper is healthy or liquid stored in earthenware. Eating on banana leaf, paper plates, using paper or cloth bags for dry stuff.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've stopped buying it.

If things can be removed from packaging at the store I do that and leave the packaging.

I shop with folding crates not bags. Besides they are easier to fill, things don't fall over, they stack and can go right on a shelf at home.

I buy most drinks in cans rather than soda bottles. I crush the cans and weigh them in for scrap metal once a year.

Meat still comes wrapped in plastic, but I avoid buying any on a styrofoam tray - they can't be recycled, but the solid plastic trays can, so I only buy meat that is on those or just shrink wrapped.

I get most of my veg from a local organic farm that delivers them in a plastic crate that they re-use over and over again, and take the empty one back on each delivery. No packaging at all.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

recycling and using tupaware instead of plastic bags :)

• 6 months ago

We take reusable grocery bags to the grocery store, or re-use plastic bags.  We use paper products whenever possible.  We also cook from scratch a lot which greatly reduces the packaging.

• W
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

We're trying to buy non plastic containers, but it isn't easy. But we also intentionally buy recyclable containers whenever possible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.