Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Is Inflation better under Trump, or was it better under Obama?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Inflation requires demand in the economy so it may not hit at the same time it happens. ie you can't have prices going up if everyone is too broke to buy the product. 

Obama severely weakened the dollar. But that's not the same as inflation. Typically a weak dollar will cause inflation but they aren't necessarily the same thing. 

Interest rates were kept at virtually zero for Obama's entire presidency and the qe policy of essentially printing currency are what devalued the dollar. Interest rates under Trump have gone up which for the long term should strengthen the dollar. 

It's not as simple as inflation up therefore president bad. These things take years to play out. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Obama is retired. You can bet spending will ramp up going into an election (and thus inflation will follow).

• 1 month ago

Nothing was better under Obama. Trump has done a LOT of good, a LOT. Cracked down on a lot of criminal human trafficking, for one.

• We had more deportations under Obama. I won't post a link because I couldn't find it on Fox.

• 1 month ago

About the same. Its worth noting that when a new president comes in, with new policies, if they cause an cahnge in inflation, it might takes years for their new policies to effect this change. Therefore the current inflation rate might be related more to what Obama did in his final 4 years in office and money of the inflation changes from Trump (if there are any) might not occur for another few years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Inflation has been pretty flat for about a decade. The Fed has kept inflation very low. Probably too low. That is why our savings accounts do not even pay 1%.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nothing was good under Obama. 8 years of suck.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes. logically the only possibility is one of those two, unless by some unreal coincidence that it remained the same

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Virtually any question comparing things using OR can be answered the same way. The grammatically correct way of asking would be to start with "Which" since that word implies a decision. I learned this crap all the way back in third grade, shame they don't teach it anymore I guess

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.