Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

how far can my 2010 Toyota Camry LE take me on a full tank?

how many miles will i be able to drive before my gas light comes on if i’m driving from college station, tx to fayetteville, ar? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • lj1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Your car has an 18.5 gallon tank, and Toyota claims that its fuel economy is 22 city/33 highway. In perfect conditions (driving 55 mph nonstop on a flat road), your car should be able to go 610 miles on a tank of gas. The fuel light should come on at 550 miles or so. 

The distance between Fayetteville and College Station is just over 500 miles, so theoretically, you should be able to make the trip on one tank of gas. However, you rarely experience perfect conditions, so plan on stopping for gas toward the end of your trip. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

As far as the next gas station. You need to know how many MPG's this particular car is getting at this stage of its life. If you're getting 30+MPG then most cars will usually get you close to 500 miles on a tank of gas. That's why they all have different sized gas tanks and the higher MPG cars might only hold ten gallons on a fill up. They're engineered to get you about 500 miles per tank if the car is running perfectly. 

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

28 to 30 mpg using about 16 gallons

• 2 months ago

V6 will easily go 400 miles. 

4 cylinder will easily go 500 miles. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can go as far as you can until the engine stops.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You don't know how many miles per gallon your car gets? You can't look up the distance and then do the calculation yourself?  EPIC FAIL. Theoretically, you should be able to leave with a full tank and only stop once for a fillup.  However, we don't know if your old car is in good condition and gets the mileage it is supposed to. We also don't know if you are an idiot and drive like a maniac racing driver which reduces fuel economy considerably. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

To the moon if it's towed. 

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That depends on how you drive it.

The answer can even be 0 miles if you allow the engine to idle until the low fuel warming comes on.

• 2 months ago

What is the posted MPG of your vehicle?

What is the capacity of your fuel tank?

Multiply the MPG by the capacity and that will give you a rough answer.

On a long trip keep an eye on your fuel gauge and when it reaches quarter full start looking for a gas station (sooner if on a long, isolated stretch of road)

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on your gas mileage. We can't know what mileage a 9 year old car gets. We don't know if your engine is tuned well, if your tires are properly inflated, what kind of speed you plan to drive, how much traffic there will be, etc.  When your car was new it got about 33 miles to the gallon highway, but I doubt it gets that after 9 years.

Next time you fill up, calculate your gas mileage and then do the math. It's not that tough.

Your tank holds 18.5 gallons.  If you fill it up and you get 28 miles to the gallon on the highway, you would get about 518 miles on a tank of gas.  If you get 30 miles to the gallon, you could go about 555 miles per tank.

Your trip is about 507 miles, so you might just make it on a single tank if your car is in excellent condition and you have no traffic at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.