Cameron asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

How can I stop feeling insecure?

I feel insecure about my body. In 8th grade my teacher that I was big compared to another student who was very small. In my 9th grade year one of my classmates called me big. When I was in 11th grade one of my teachers asked me if I played football because I was big. In 11th grade a student who I played basketball with in gym class said I was big. I was also asked by someone in a furniture store if I was a football player. The next year in high school where I had more issues was my 12th grade year. In 12th grade a student jokingly asked me to be their bodyguard. In my 12th grade year a student who I sat with at lunch told me that I was big. In my 12th grade year one of my teachers called said that I was big and strong and called me killer cam. In 12th grade another one of my teachers called me big cam. Also during my 12th grade year when I was walking in a hallway someone played around with me by moving side to side in front of me before letting me pass by them and I'm assuming they did it to make fun of my size. I hate being big because I have to wear at larger sized shirts,jackets,underwear and etc. I can't wear skinny jeans because my legs are too big and my waist is too wide, so I have to wear larger sized pants. I've never been a football player or an athlete in general. In high school I intentionally wore a large jacket to and large pants to hide my size but it didn't always work because I still appeared big and teachers and students let me know that I was big.

I need help to feel great about my body. I want to be able to fit small sized clothes,skinny or slim fit jeans,and not feel like I'm wearing tight clothes. If I was skinny I wouldn't be asked if I played football and called big and or strong. I would also feel better because of those reasons I just mentioned and because I would be able to wear skinny jeans and slim fit jeans. Also I have never noticed any differences in my size even when I was active at gym class and weekly during summer breaks.

• ℑℑ

The first step into not feeling insecure about your body is to stop worrying about what others say/think about you. As long as you are happy with yourself, that's all that matters. If you are not happy with yourself, you can change that. If you want to change yourself, talk with friends and family about this to help support you.

In order to feel more insecure about yourself, you have to get rid of ALL the negativity in your life. If your friends are calling you names that you don't like, and you told them that you don't like being called these names, dump them. Hopefully your family is a good place to help bring positivity into your life. If not, then you would want to work out any problems with your family.Consider talking to a trained professional, such as a therapist, for more support.