Ian asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

I am new to motorcycles and I totaled my bike tipsy with my friend on the back. Is it wrong to still want to get another bike?

I am kinda hurt and my friend was not. It was below freezing and had rained earlier in the day so it makes sense for why we slid out during a turn and ended up wedged really deep under a parked car. I am stupid and irresponsible for putting myself and my friend (even though he just jumped on bike I never asked him to come with me) in that situation but I loved riding that motorcycle. 2006 fz6-s. I rode it every day for at least 3 hrs a day. Thing is I have a bad habit of going too hard once my adrenaline kicks in. Regardless of all the **** I have to go through I really want another bike. At the same time I feel like I just need to hear someone say something.  Not to convince me otherwise, but moreso to help me be a more stable, responsible rider. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Get another bike and take a training course.

Don't drink or take a passenger until you become more proficient. 

• ...Show all comments
    • 🏁
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Seems you've deliberately misinterpreted the comment. Don't drink. Don't take a passenger until you're more proficient. Shame you're such a pedant. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Get another bike if you learned your lesson this time.

• Fred
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Now that you have a multiple person accident on your record:  Get an insurance quote before you purchase your next motorcycle!

You may require a considerable amount of time before you ever own a motorcycle again!

• adam
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

thats a great BS story

• ...Show all comments
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

That $32 supposed to go to DPS, but was shuffled into gen'l fund. I spoke up,I said I had no problem with it IF  it went to accident victims, Fixing our Roads, etc. As it stands, Ducey sold his $8M  mansion., I'm Opposed to any rep/congressman/govn'r  Owning anything so $$. Looks like graft.. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tim D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Stop making excuses. You made several poor choices, first and foremost riding under the influence, if someone "just jumped on bike" there is one obvious thing to do. 

It is no good accepting the blame after the event, take responsibility before the event.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're a troll boy. Go away

• Ian2 months agoReport

**** you.  

• 2 months ago

Maybe you will have a short but happy life. I know a young man whose father drove like that and not sober either. His father ended up crashing and falling off his bike and drowning in a ditch and his son idolizes him though he was too young to remember him as his father died when he was a baby but he has his dad's picture on his Facebook page.

• ...Show all comments
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I see memorials all over sunny So.AZ to Good riders getting T boned. Drinking  lowers odds of it, immensely.. 

• 2 months ago

Had an idle chat with a former ER doctor about motorcycles. Naturally he mentioned the old joke about organ donors.

• 2 months ago

It's OK to get back on the horse, but let's avoid the drinking and driving shall we?  Especially if you have a passenger.  But even if you don't have a passenger you can still kill or injure an innocent person if you don't know how to operate you bike safely.  If you can't control your impulses and your "need for speed" then maybe video games are more suited for you.  You have to think about other people even if you don't care about your own safety.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You should stop driving...just keep drinking

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.