Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

What would Medicare For All provide me that I don’t currently get with my employer based insurance plan?

What exactly will I get in return for notably higher taxes?

68 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Under Medicare For All, instead of your employer paying your premium as a benefit, you would pay your premium via increased taxes.  That’s the major difference, though as others have said, less choice, increased waiting periods and fewer services are also likely.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A lot less coverage, that is what you get with Medicare. They only pay 90% mof approved charges, but if they do not approve the charges you have to pay the full bill out of your pocket.  It sounds good until you really look into it; it is better than nothing, but your supplied insurance most likely covers more!

• 2 months agoReport

FACEBOOK, YAHOO, TWITTER AND TUMBIR FAMILY MUST BURN ALIVE TILL VANISH IN AFGHANISTAN DESERT - ALLAH
      (Google "Danny Woo VK" in Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

CORONAVIRUS?
      FIND THE CURE AFTER REACHING MY VK PROFILE

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Medicare for All would bankrupt the nation.

• 2 months agoReport

FACEBOOK, YAHOO, TWITTER AND TUMBIR FAMILY MUST BURN ALIVE TILL VANISH IN AFGHANISTAN DESERT - ALLAH
      (Google "Danny Woo VK" in Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

CORONAVIRUS?

• 2 months ago

I can tell you that I got a chemo bill for $65,000 and had to pay NOTHING after it was billed to Medicare and then my gap coverage.

• 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You will have less money left over to buy things you need or want so you don't have to worry about someone stealing them from you.

• 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

• 2 months ago

Almost certainly less than what you are getting now.  Medicare for All is not really Medicare. Be sure to do your own homework on this critical and essential need.

• 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No "fvck you, we won't pay because the Mayo Clinic is not a REAL hospital!"  That's how my parents were cheated by their insurance company. :-(

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

• 2 months ago

It Means 

1. You will be paying MUCH more in Taxes.

2. You will not be the only one deciding your health care. 

3. The GOVERNMENT will decide HOW MUCH CARE YOU CAN or Can't GET.

4. Your Medical Record will be put on a server which many will have access to.

5. The Government CAN decide YOU DO NOT NEED That Operation to save your life as it COSTS TO MUCH.

You will be treated like they do in many other countries... Remember the Baby who DIED because the UK refused to let the Parents Bring it to the USA even though DOCTORS here said they could save it.. 

THE GOVERNMENT HAS THE FINAL SAY SO IN WHAT CARE YOU GET... 

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

• 2 months ago

Your question is irrelevant considering the "Medicare For All" jargon is just that and will never happen!

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

• 2 months ago

Lower insurance premiums for one. When there is universal coverage, the administrative costs will drop from the current 25% down to what the Europeans pay which is about 15%. That cost savings will be passed on to the insured.

Medicare is paid for by premiums that the insured pays. Medicare for All should be paid for by the same means. So if you are a working stiff, some of your paycheck will be deducted each month to pay your share of the premiums. And you will pay more or less depending on your tax bracket.

But it's clear that the poorer tax brackets will not afford even the minimum premiums; so there will be supplemental aid from the government. And most of the plans call for increasing tax revenue to cover the supplements by closing loopholes used by the very rich to avoid paying a fair share of taxes.

Unless you're in the top 5% or so of the income brackets, you won't be paying more taxes for universal healthcare. And your monthly premiums will drop from what they are now. So your health coverage will be universal no matter where in the US you go; without pre-existing conditions and with minimum co-pays for medicine.

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

CORONAVIRUS?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.