Can landlords double dip rentals?
- Landlord365Lv 52 months ago
NO. That is illegal.
- babyboomer1001Lv 72 months ago
Do you mean - like charging twice for one month? Does that make sense to you?Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
- Elaine MLv 72 months ago
Your rental contract spells out what can be done.
- SlumlordLv 72 months ago
No, but they can do things like keep rent and reapply it to fix damages, if a renter leaves early; for example.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- SlickterpLv 72 months ago
Collect rent from two different people for the same unit? No.
- realtor.sailorLv 72 months ago
Just how would he do it? Tenants are only going to pay once a month.
- LollyLv 72 months ago
That is illegal in my state.
- Donnie PorkoLv 72 months ago
Nope. If one tenant already paid for the month and then moves out, landlord can’t charge the new resident for that month.