How can i file my taxes?!?

I still never filed from last year and just havent had the guidance or resources i needed. I have all my w-2s but i never learned to do it?! HELP. and i mean there a filing taxes building here where i live . Am i going to pay more than i would recieve? What is the process like???

Keep in mind you HAVE to file. It's illegal not to if you owe taxes. You will pay late fees & penalties. No one knows how much you will get or owe.

I'm not sure if the software will work for a prior year.  You will most likely have to hire an accountant.  Filing late means you will have to pay a penalty and interest on any money owed.  IRS penalties are not cheap.

• A.J.

There are benefits to setting up savings plans, but for filing a standard year 2019 federal and even state taxes it is not difficult and can be done online typically.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-feder...

https://www.creditkarma.com/tax

You can take your paperwork to a tax service and they use similar software.

When you say you have not filed do you mean year 2018 as a year late, or 2019 as due filed by April 2020?

If 2018, take your paperwork to a local tax service for help, and have money to pay them.

Go a tax preparation place and pay them.

You can take your W-2's to a local tax practitioner. Someone who is not part of a big chain (Block, Jackson Hewitt) will charge you less. We can't tell what the outcome will be.

• John

If you cannot, for whatever reason, figure out how to file your tax return you can always go to a tax preparation firm.  Bring your W-2s with you, and they will interview you to start the process.