please help me with my math, need answers by February 17, 2020!?

There are 3 word problems I am having trouble with, please help me quickly!

1. Lauren has a 30 inch by 20 inch rectangular mat. She wants to add a lace border of equal width around the edge of the table mat. The area of the entire table mat will be 1064 inch^2 once the lace is added. Find the dimensions of the table mat after the lace has been added.

2. Kate does a paper route in the morning. She walks for some of the route and rides her bike for the rest. On average, Kate rides 12 mi/hr and walks 3 mi/hr. The entire paper route is 15 miles. If the walking part of the route takes Kate an hour longer than the part she does on her bike, how long does it take Kate to do each part of the paper route?

3. A federal regulation calls for cleaning products used in public buildings to contain 40% chlorine. The supply room for your particular building has 60% and 30% chlorine cleaners on hand. How much of the two would you have to mix to create 15 gallons of 40% cleaning fluid?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

at least you were polite but not going to do your homework for you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Let X be the inches of lace added to each side.  (30 + 2 * X) * (20 + 2 * X) = 1064 in^2.  Solve for X.

let T be the time she sides.  15 mile/hr * T = distance she rides.

T +1 is the time she walks.  3 mile/hr * (T + 1) = distance she walks.

15 mile/hr * T + 3 mile/hr * (T + 1) = 15 miles.  Solve for T.

Let X be the gal of the 60% solution

X * 0.60 + (15 gal - X) * 0.30 = 15 gal * 0.4.  5 gal of the 60%, 10 gal of the 30%

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do your own homework 😉

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i am not doing your homework you lazy cheater.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.